Friday, August 12, 2011

Reading

I just finished reading keeping faith by Jodi picoult. It started of as an okay read. It was very heavy on religion and that sort of caused some disinterest for me.

But halfway through the book, they started developing a romance plot for the main characters and it was then that I got sucked into the book. So much so that it was partially to blame for my sleepless night last night.

Needless to say, I've finished reading the book and I now feel somewhat empty.

This is the problem with me unfortunately. Reading for me is both pleasurable and torturous all at the same time. The former because I usually really get into the story and start feeling as I am with the characters or I'm one of them. This is also exactly the reason for the latter.

I start imagining myself as being the one in love. As of right now, I'm missing Ian Fletcher. The love interest in the book. I even 'stalked' him in an appearance he made in one of Jodi Picoult's later books.

I have a feeling this is rather unhealthy. I have an urge to reread the book just to revisit Ian but at the same time I feel I shouldn't cause I need my mind to get back to real life. It's currently stuck in perfect romance mode. Smooth guy, always saying the right thing.

I wonder if anyone ever feels this way? I wouldn't be surprised if no one else didn't though. I know I'm a little weird.

I guess, it's the same thing with the many ladies swooning over the charms of Seth Tan couple of months back.

A few years back I read Bridget Jone's Diary and started behaving weird to my husband cause I was so 'into character'.

I just hope my mind returns soon. Till then, I'll just stay away from iBooks for a while. BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

No comments: