Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reboot

I have been pondering for the past couple of days whether to start blogging again or not. I reread my posts, tweaked my template and even posted a photo. Gingerly dipping my feet back into the world of blogging.

The main reason I stopped blogging was because it got to be impossible to sit at the computer to blog with an inquisitive 3 year old hogging my attention and a baby on the way.

It got to be even more impossible when the boy came along. My life became a zoo, a zoo with wild animals and crazy patrons. If you let your guard down, you'd be eaten alive by the animals in the zoo. *ehem* the bit about the zoo was added by the husband. I'll just leave it there for posterity.

Anyway, I finally decided I should in fact start blogging again because I realized that this blog is like my time machine. A time machine to my kids past. What they were like as wee ones. The hardships and craziness that is parenting. I blogged a lot about the girl's early years. Her first words, her milestones. Stuff I don't even recall anymore. It's all neatly tucked away in my digital archive. Rereading those entries made me realize why I started blogging in the first place.

I still don't have time to sit at a computer and blog because I now have a 5 yo AND a 1.4 yo to entertain, but I will try to make a conscious effort to blog when I can from my phone because my future self will most definitely appreciate it.

So here I am once more. Rebooting this little journal of mine, my very own time machine.

No comments: