Monday, September 01, 2008

It's 2:20 in the morning. I really should be asleep but I'm not cause tomorrow, we'll be having a small get together with family to celebrate the first day of Ramadhan and also to celebrate the bug's birthday (She turns 2 on the 4th).

Instead, I'm illustrating teddy bears and bugs and robots for her favors tomorrow.

This is the first time she'll be celebrating her birthday so I want to make sure she has at least an o-kay birthday.

We didn't celebrate her 1st birthday because some of the family was away then the fasting month came and we sort of never got around to doing it.

This year, we're doing it.

The problem is, there are so many things I want to do in the short span of tomorrow. I guess I'm being over ambitious and should try to edit myself but this is the bug's first birthday party, I can't help myself.

Her cousins (almost) always have big birthday celebrations. I'm not trying to compete with them, I just want to give the bug the best.

She's my baby girl after all.

So my list of things for tomorrow:

- Make favor bags
- Print stickers
- Pack candy
- Make mini note-books
- Bake & decorate cake
- Sew totes for the bug and her auntie 
(they share the same birthday)

That's a mighty long list of things. I do hope I manage to complete them all.

Some time last month, we bought the bug some toys for her birthday. Since she already got her birthday present, she technically shouldn't be getting anything else. But I feel kind of bad that she doesn't have anything to open at her party.

Am I spoiling her? I don't know. I just feel every kid should have gifts to open on their birthday. I know some might say it is unnecessary and wasteful, but that's just how I feel.

It's the one thing kids look forward to each year, their birthday! They count down the days, make lists, dream up cakes and parties and presents.

Hopefully, I'll be able to carry out my duty as a mommy and give the bug a wonderful 2nd birthday.

2 comments:

happyichigo♥ said...

she'll be very delighted with all your surprises! cute mommy and daughter!

nadhirah said...

Dira: She was!